haiku written by Cindy Zackowitz can be recognized even without seeing
As I have read her for more than one year, I have given much thought to her writing and I can give the following characteristics :
She describes for us the North, in a very simple way, with its silences,
its coolness, its short summers, its snows and its rains. She writes our
dreams of the North.
It is always in detail
She has a strong connection to Nature, each haiku is an immersion in it.
Her haiku give us the feeling of having been present; Cindy is a photographer
and that is readable in her haiku.
- Each haiku is self-sufficient. It is an enclosed world, a space of dream,
- There is always an infinite sadness hidden under the words.
- It is always a sweet image, a very common thing, as we could see every
- It is a static description or then just a small transitory deviation
from a world in which the time flows slowly, at the rhythm of the seasons.
One feels the Time under her words.
- They are haiku in which nothing important happens. The kind of things
one likes to read to release internal tensions, stress, to cut oneself
from the world.
are things I like to have on hand or there, in my memory when things are
getting hard, to escape, just a while ...
It is quite always