Analysis of the Haiku structure
maison vendéenne -
au dessus de la porte le Christ
penche à droite
Ben Coudert, France
Je vois ce haïku comme un message politique, surtout à ce moment électoral qui remue les pensées. Il est cependant délicat, car il ne peut être compris que des personnes au courant de l'histoire de la France. C'est donc, ce que j'appelle, un haïku culturel à usage limité. N'empêche l'allusion est fine et ferait sourire, même à droite...
religion politics humour
Structure of this haiku.
Used techniques :
* culturel - Use of external cultural reference.
The haiku is based on an external cultural element, well known by the reader. There is a sharing of an environment (place, situation...) or cultural element (music, painting...) that will seek memories or sensations in the memory and experience of the reader. This device saves a lot of space, nothing else is needed, the effect is achieved by the reader's contribution.
A mechanism similar to the geographic element (geo) that assumes that the reader is familiar with the geographic environment referred to by the author.
Effects: liavec - Binding to the reader's experience.
At the level: 2-prof - Deep level
Deep and non explicit structures, active objects of the unconscious.
Description level: 5-strp - Deep structure (schemas, patterns, cultural, associations, similarities)
* feuilleté - Multilevel discourse, layered haiku. (foliated)
Haikus with two (or more) reading levels. A first objective level referring to a situation, another underlying level saying something else. The Chinese are fond of this type of discourse with many levels.
These various levels may be conscious or unconscious.
We find a little bit of this technique consciously applied in the weather haiku. The weather element can be understood as an mention to the weather and as the element that creates the atmosphere of haiku.
The two levels of discourse are conscious and disjointed and well visible in haiku tanka, of which they form the two parts. However, they overlap in the layered haiku.
Surface : x---------------------------x
- Two parallel speeches with sharing semes.
- Horizontal caesura/break (=)
- The author says something on the superficial level and something else on the deep level. These two discourses are linked by a sharing of semes.
possibly several different deep discourses
- Deep discourse: parallel - structural element: concordance
- Deep discourse: independent - structural element: discordance
- structural element: foliated
- the "foliated" structural element is always an explicit construction of the author.
- the foliated often leads to the concordance between surface and deep discourse. The deep discourse is then another aspect of the surface discourse.
Effects: reinter - Reworking at the end.
At the level: 1-surf - Surface level
Discourse, surface structures, content, subject, style.
Description level: 2-trait - Style,subject handling
All the author's haikus >>>